At the outset, we would like to warmly welcome His Excellency Ambassador K. Jeeva Sagar and our new patron Mrs. Srilatha Sagar to Kuwait, we look forward to their guidance and support as we chart our onward journey.
“Empower Us” is not just the title for this year’s brochure cover painting, it is an ideology IWA believes is our responsibility. Empowering every child we can. Every child should have a right to education, every child should have the right to grow in a favourable and well-cared for environment, every child has a voice that should be heard.
The Indian Women’s Association, in its 21st year of existence in Kuwait has worked towards its maxim of ‘to lend a helping hand’ and reached scores of lesser privileged people, especially children; to empower them with education, with opportunities, with dreams, with skills and with the comfort of knowing someone cares.
IWA is committed to several projects, however our major humanitarian projects are:
- Scholarship Program: providing need based scholarships to students in India and Kuwait
- Bridge of Hope: meeting educational and daily needs of HIV/ AIDS affected children
- Chance to Live: providing lifesaving drugs to children with Thalassemia
- Steps to Success: bringing training and development to special needs people at “Prayatna”
- Sharing is Caring: supplying basic necessities to the less fortunate
- Shelter of Solace: Supporting the mentally disabled, the abandoned and the destitute
- Reaching out: participate in and assist victims of natural disasters
Serving the community is at the core of our mission. We bring smiles to the faces of the children at the Kuwait Society for the Handicapped by spending quality time with them.
An important initiative “Spread a Special Smile” is based on High School and University children interacting with these loving kids.
Creating health awareness is another focus area. We periodically conduct
- Compassionate Care: an initiative which provides free medical screening and consultations to the underprivileged
- Reach for Health: seminars and workshops for the community including Breast Cancer Awareness
We take this opportunity to thank the backbone of our existence – our sponsors and supporters, we thank all of you present in the glittering Badriah Ballroom tonight, you are the wind beneath our wings!
A big thank you to all our families, they encourage and support us, silently cheering us as we cross the finish line on yet another project deadline.
21 years of empowering those who cross our path, those who need our helping hand, those who need care and love, and a sense of belonging.
We can make it happen – both of us together, you and I.